It is the simple truth that regardless of which field of study you belong to or no matter what subjects and topics you have chosen to write upon, without making it meaningful for the readers or the audience you simply cannot get past your evaluators and ask them to score your papers. In this post, we would like to share with some great advice as to how you can make your writing more comprehensible for your readers so that they may be able to understand your work better.
Use Simple Language
Many of us consider that only when you write in a sophisticated manner can you be able to achieve higher grades in your academic writing task, however that is not true. Even though many fields of study tend to get more complicated with time in higher educational courses, however as a writer you must aspire to write in such a way that would even make the most difficult concepts clear and remove their ambiguity. Here are some tips to write in a simpler but effective manner and we guarantee you that it will not harm your grades:
- Use words that easier to understand for your readers.
- Remove jargons and clichés from your work whenever you feel they are not necessary.
- Stick with a simple sentence structure.
- Write more but use smaller sentences which are not more than 20 words each.
- Use transition words and adjoining words between sentences and paragraphs.
- Keep your paragraphs focused on a single idea.
- Use the topic sentence wisely along with several supporting sentences.
- Keep your paragraphs’ length appropriate, not more than 250 words each.
- Use a different paragraph for a new idea or concept.
- Make sure that when you write in paragraphs that they should offer the reader a great transition.
- Refrain from long, complex, and complicated sentence structures.
- Resist from the urge of using unrequired verbosity or terminologies that ambiguous.
Make an Effort & Offer Details
There are times when we expect the reader to simply connect with what we are writing about as if they would understand exactly what we meant to tell them. However this is not the case, and the majority of the time when we write our papers, the meaning is not so clear and this leads to further confusion for the readers. Hence when you are asked to write a paper for the academia then you must make an effort to ensure that all of your written work is able to offer the reader the exact message that you need to deliver. Furthermore, to add more comprehension and understanding for the reader, you should make a point to write your paper that offers details. May it be small details even, but all of this will help you deliver a piece of work that is self-explanatory and doesn’t require special skills or tools to make meaning out of it. Your work should also comprise of the following elements:
- Clarity – your sentence are clear in their meaning
- Conciseness – avoidance of unnecessary verbiage and to the point
- Precision – you\\\’re able to tackle the situation and offer precise meaning
- Completeness – your sentences are not incomplete but give a complete picture
- Accuracy – your statements are correct and not based on falsehood
- & Coherence – there is consistency in your work and your documents are not haphazard
Use an Outline / Structure
No some of us simply don’t want to go about this step because we find it almost meaningless, however that fact of the matter is an outline can very well serve as the very framework of your document. It is the blueprint just like an architecture needs to work on if they want to build something. Similarly, as a writer, you need to understand that your academic paper needs to have a structure in order for the readers to understand which direction you are headed towards and what is the path they must follow to meet with you at the end. A simplistic outline or structure for the document offers you an introduction, followed by the main body of discussion, and finally the conclusion.
Proofread & Edit Your Work
We encourage all students and writers to proofread and edit their entire written work at least three times. Great writing isn’t simply achieved overnight, instead, it requires continuous practice and only after putting in your hard work and timely effort day after day can you polish your writing to the extent that it reaches the scholarly level of work. Proofreading and editing also help you remove various grammatical mistakes, spelling errors, improper sentence structures, and missing punctuation marks that you might have missed out on during the initial draft. Hence we recommend that every student and writer make it their habit to not only read through your work but scrutinize ever paper you deliver based on its quality.
We hope the aforementioned qualities will assist you in writing papers that are comprehensible for the readers. However, if you consider this a too serious issue or concern, then perhaps seeking out a professional resource offering you cheap coursework writing service in the UK can help you resolve all of your problems and difficulties.Tags: academic, assignment, bibliography, citations, colleges, education, plagiarism, professors